Kybella charlotte is an FDA-approved treatment option to address the presence of fat under the chin, or the dreaded “double chin.” It is a non-surgical treatment that destroys the fat cells under the chin, allowing the body to naturally remove these cells over the next several weeks.Charlotte Kybella can help achieve a slimmer, smoother profile and redefine the natural shape of the jawline.
The number of Kybella charlotte nc treatments needed will vary by patient, based on the amount of fat present and each patient’s individual goals. You may begin to see initial results shortly after treatment, but it is important to allow yourself some time to see your optimal results. Generally 2-3 treatments achieve the best results with 6 weeks in between treatment times.
All injections are performed by a Nurse Practitioner or Physician.
Before your appointment:
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to injection to decrease your risk of bruising
- Avoid taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Fish oil, St. John’s Wort, Gingko Biloba, and high doses of vitamin E for 2 weeks prior to procedure if possible, as these may increase your risk of bleeding and bruising with injection
- It is best to schedule appointments at least 4-6 weeks prior to any important events, such as weddings, vacations, or reunions
- Eat a small meal or snack and hydrate prior to your appointment; this can help with nerves and decrease the risk of feeling lightheaded
- Arnica may be taken 3-5 days prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bruising and swelling
After your appointment:
- Common and expected side effects include swelling and bruising to the treatment area. Applying cold compresses, using makeup to cover bruising, and wearing a scarf or turtleneck can help while these side effects are present
- For minor pain and swelling, you may take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin or Aleve, as long as your personal medical history does not prevent you from doing so
- Apply ice to the area for no more than 15 minutes every couple of hours to help reduce minor pain and swelling
- No makeup to the area for 24 hours following injection